Mac Buttons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
This past week I was in the local mac store in Indiana. While there I noticed on all the computers they had a little oval in the middle of the desktop. Inside the oval were four different "buttons" to click. A couple "buttons" were for ical, i think one was for safari, and there was one other. When clicking on one of these "buttons" they would take you to a website or open up a schedule of todays appointments in ical or other random things. Also, when you would hover over them it would say something like "Genius Bar" or "Visit the Online Store." I asked one of the employees what they were and she said that they were called "mac buttons" but, I've searched for "mac buttons" and found nothing. So...My question is has anyone else seen anything like this? If so, is there anyway I can get something like this on my computer?

Thanks in advance.
--
MacGuy18

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sounds like an Apple widget of sorts. Look in Activity Viewer next time you're there to see if anything looks like a possible match. Otherwise it's probably just a desktop widget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
no its made by apple especially for the demo machines and no you cant modify it to run at home as i asked when we opened our store :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.