I've decided to switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I've been a PC user for nearly 14 years, but recently I had been contemplating switching to a Mac. The design and engineering of the Mac Mini had originally drawn me in, but I later decided that an iMac would be better for me. Last Friday, as I was preparing to reformat my PC as a last-ditch attempt to get things working, my computer refused to get past the boot screen. Instead of trying to fix a 5 year old machine, I got on my mom's laptop and bought an iMac 2.0ghz Core Duo. It should arrive on Friday. So, this week I'm spending time researching switching and lining up the programs that I'll need once my mac gets here. I look forward to learning about my mac and how to do things in osx. I also just purchased the missing manuals for osx and switching on amazon, so those should help me out.

Well, I just wanted to share my switching story so far. I wish it had been on my own terms, but at least this way the iMac was a necessity instead of a frivolous purchase.

R

Rob

Good for you! I had always been a Windows user, and hater. I never liked Windows, I loved OS X even before I got it. Once I finally got my Mac, I absolutely loved it! I think you will too. :)

L

lil

Welcome to the foray, yet another reason why I really need to get my Macs for Switchers book finished but have yet to find the time to really get it done.

I really hope you enjoy it! :flower:

Vicky

E

Effusion

Congrats on making the switch, you'll find this place has lots of answers to common and not so common problems and it's great that you're putting time and effort into researching OS X, it'll make the switch that much easier and fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 1GHz PowerPC G4 1MB L3 cache 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
I too just decided to make the switch. I have had enough of windows and purchased a used 17" G4 powerbook 1GHz. I should get it tomorrow. I had my eye set on a new macbook pro, but thought i would get my feet wet with something a little more affordable at the moment. I have spent the lasst few days scouring these forums looking for evey bit of information i could use to jumpstart my mac experience. The mac community alone is worth making the switch. These threads have been helpful and I haven't even received my mac yet.

C

caveatipss

dohidied said:
I've been a PC user for nearly 14 years, but recently I had been contemplating switching to a Mac. The design and engineering of the Mac Mini had originally drawn me in, but I later decided that an iMac would be better for me. Last Friday, as I was preparing to reformat my PC as a last-ditch attempt to get things working, my computer refused to get past the boot screen. Instead of trying to fix a 5 year old machine, I got on my mom's laptop and bought an iMac 2.0ghz Core Duo. It should arrive on Friday. So, this week I'm spending time researching switching and lining up the programs that I'll need once my mac gets here. I look forward to learning about my mac and how to do things in osx. I also just purchased the missing manuals for osx and switching on amazon, so those should help me out.

Well, I just wanted to share my switching story so far. I wish it had been on my own terms, but at least this way the iMac was a necessity instead of a frivolous purchase.

Sounds good. I, too, am switching, after one too many Windows crashes and freezes. IMHO Windows is a terrible, ridiculous product. What if you bought a car that broke down, say, once per week? Would that be considered a good car? Anyway, all I can afford is the Mini, but it is exciting, is it not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
caveatipss said:
What if you bought a car that broke down, say, once per week?

Then you'd have a Volkswagen :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I just switched too. Im loving my iMac.

Reaction score
dohidied said:

I'm also a long time windows user that got the same iMac you purchased...I love it. Great machine. I have the Switching Manual, and it's great! I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.