Error code 8003 - again

Reaction score
I had overcome the problem by removing my back up disk. Now it has returned. I think it is because I tried to delete something from Dropbox - Is this likely?

Reaction score
From Apple Support:

"Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.
If you encounter this issue while accessing iTunes Store:
See iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store
If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:
Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:
Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Windows Vista:
 \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows 7:
 \Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows XP:
 \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\
After locating your iTunes Downloads folder:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Delete the Downloads folder on your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  5. Enter your account name and password.
If you encounter this issue while while downloading Digital Copies using Windows:
Use MSCONFIG (directions for Windows Vista/Windows 7) to disable conflicting software.
If using MSCONFIG steps resolves the issue, you may want to use the System Configuration Utility to turn on the third-party System Services and Startup Items one at a time (restarting your computer after turning on the item or items) to identify which System Service or Startup Item is causing the conflict.
You can turn all of them back on by selecting the Normal Startup option under the General tab of the System Configuration Utility window, but please note that this may cause the issue to reoccur.
If you are able to isolate the issue to a particular third-party software, you may wish to contact them to let them know of the conflict.

Boot from the startup disk/restore partition and do a check disk in Disk Utilities. Your drive may have problems.

OP
K
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge I was not doing anything, definitely not at the iTunes store. I was just trying ti empty trash - nothing else was running.

Reaction score
Read all of it. It's a timeout error when reading/writing files. It's not specific to iTunes.
Emptying the Trash is writing files. Read my last line about checking the drive.

OP
K
Reaction score
I booted from my disc and ran a check on the drive, took a while but everything is fine. Started over from my hard drive and nothing has changed. Also tried the previous "solutions" and I still get the same message as before!
I will learn to live with it!
Thanks for all your suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I dont have a download folder in my itunes folder. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.