Wysiwyg

K

Kristina

I just got a MacBook and was formerly using Macromedia Dreamweaver on my PC. Now I need web editing software for my Mac but buying Dreamweaver AGAIN is a bit out of my budget right now...

I probably don't even really need such a complex WYSIWYG program...all I do is edit a simple site with simple functions. All I really want is to have a built in FTP, layering capability, roll-overs and other basic functions.

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried using MS Word X for editing a web page and it was AWFUL... Trying to go back and forth between the HTML source and main view was surprisingly difficult. Had to keep re-saving. MS even generates a HUGE list of unessessary code...***?! Used Fetch for FTP, but I want it incorporated.

BTW, I do NOT know HTML or scripting at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
rapid weaver might be all you need, while i only use iWeb all the people i know really love this app and say that it does a great job.

Have a look on versiontracker for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
you got a macbook pro? it should come built in with iWeb, and it is a great program. If you have a .mac account, use iWeb to create a page and upload it on .mac.

OP
R

rogueToe

Or maybe try Nvu. It seems to be maturing into a solid program. And it's free.

OP
K

Kristina

iWeb will only do templates as far as I can see. I need to create completely custom pages with layers and rollovers. Unless I'm missing something, I didn't see anything in iWeb.

OP
R

rogueToe

Maybe try Shutterbug. It was originally meant for creating web galleries but has evolved into a full-fledged website creator. It does rollovers. I'm not so sure about layers, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.