iphoto Crashed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Please help. My iphoto may have crashed? I went to open my iphoto today and my photos won't load. I clicked on iphoto and the screen came on that says loading photos with the little spinning circle next to it, but thats all it does. the loading photos screen wont go off and the circle just spins and spins and spins non-stop. I am running iphoto 4.0.3 on osx 10.3.9 on an ibook. the iphoto app does not appear to be frozen as i can minimize it, close it out, open the different menus in iphoto, but my pictures wont load. I am not trying to upload any photos from an outside source, i am simply trying to view my photos already loaded inot iphoto. Did i lose it all? Did it crash? if i try to redownload iphoto itself, will all my photos be lost? Anyone have any ideas what may be happening here and how to fix it?

L

lil

Try holding down Command (Apple) + Option (Alt) whilst you click the iPhoto icon in the Dock, when iPhoto loads, you should get some repair options. Click all the options on and let it do its thing.

Vicky

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TY Vicky, tried that, nothing changes, still stuck on loading photos

L

lil

Did the window pop up though? (The window with the repair options)

I should have mentioned that you need to keep Command + Option held down after you have clicked too.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still unable to get my iphoto working, tried the command + option, didnt get a repair option. I am out of ideas on how to get my iphoto working again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.