Breaking Up .iso Music File?

Reaction score
I have a(n) .iso music file without breaks between the songs. I would like to convert it to .mp3 format with the songs separated. I have tried with xAct, MediaHuman and All2MP3 but have not been able to separate the songs. Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? Thanks very much in advance for the help.

I have a 2009 iMac running 10.10.2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have a loo at the very good Program called Audacity for Mac OS X. You can cut, trim, break up any type of music file, and even make Ringtones.
I have Audacity sitting in my Applications folder, and where all others have failed, i keep on going back to it, and it never lets me down.
Its also a Open Source project, so you know it will do what you want.

HTH

iPad Air 2 using Mac Forums App

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
+1 for Audacity.

I use it to covert audio cassettes (remember them?) to a digital format and put the result in iTunes. I want iTunes to recognise each part (ie song in iTunes lingo) and Audacity allows you to create a gap between each part. You can then, via iTunes, give a name to each part/song. For example, quite a lot of my audio cassettes are old radio programmes with several episodes on each side. By creating a gap between these, as above, I can name each episode individually so that iTunes sees them as separate items.

HTH

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.