Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"late 2013, 3.2 GHz i5, 8 GB Memory, 1 TB SATA Disk, Catalina
The log in screen appear after my Mac goes to sleep even if screen lock is turned off in System Preferences and I have to type in my password. This happens usually but not always.

Using Yosemite (10.10.2), 2 year old iMac. This has only started to occur the last month and it happened in Mavericks also before I upgraded to Yosemite. I have cleared the usual caches recommended but that made no difference. Machine is running fine otherwise.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Require password after sleep..." is unchecked, no screen saver. I just want it to sleep and when touching the keyboard again it should wake up without showing the log in screen. It was like that before.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm..it actually had the Log out after 30 min checked, so I unchecked it. Don't understand how that one suddenly was checked and I am the only user. It is still strange that it has not returned to the log out screen after longer than 30 min such as over night. Well let's see what happens now. I hope it fixed it. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.