Adobe Flash Player

Reaction score
I had it and now it is gone? How do I get it back as a repair tech installed it before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well depending on your operating system which you have not shared, look in the bottom row of System Preferences. If no joy go here:-

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/osx/

Do NOT download from softonic or CNET and opt for the 'Notify me to Install Updates' rather than allowing Adobe to do it automatically.

OP
P
Reaction score
re adobe flash player

I have an imac 10 6 8 OSX desktop computer but it seems I have to update to one that is higher and if so, how and do I have to pay for it? One day it's there and then it's gone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it depends on the precise model about updating. The latest update, Mac OS X.10.2 is free and available from the App Store. Can you supply model details and how much memeory is installed? Mavericks and Yosemite are bits of memory hogs and 8GB generally seems the recommended amount if your Mac can handle that much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have an imac 10 6 8 OSX desktop computer but it seems I have to update to one that is higher and if so, how and do I have to pay for it? One day it's there and then it's gone?

You ended up at the wrong Adobe site to get the latest version of Flash for OS X 10.6.8, as I just updated my wife's iMac a few days ago.

They have the proper version you need for your SL 10.6.8.

Go here, and select your OS X version:
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

EDIT:
After it's installed, you'll find its settings and update options in your System Preferences.

OP
P
Reaction score
adobe flash player

Reply to PMr

I downloaded adobe for my 10 6 8 and it didn't work.
I have safari and firefox
2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
It downloads but am I missing something here as to why nothing happens-no videos and no games?:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OK, but maybe you got hit with one of Adobe's stupid Flash installer gotchas.

First one: When downloading the .dmg installer, you may get a message that it was installed!!

It's NOT!!! The .dmg installer is just downloaded and "installed" to your default Downloads folder, usually the Users Download folder or Desktop.

Second: When you locate and open the flash.dmg installer, you must click the very small and almost camouflaged approval checkbok and then click the Install button.

It will tell you to quit the browser you use if it's open, and just follow the directions and carry on.

That should get it installed and working for you. ;)

PS & BTW: 2GB RAM is the minimum I'd want to try using, even with SL 10.6.8, and I'd suggest installing more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.