Printing Wirelessly

Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma MG6120 which is wireless. Two older MacBookPros print wirelessly but this one does not. It has to be a setting but I can't figure out what it could be.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We need to know a bit more about the Mac that ism't printing. Which Mac is it and which version of the OS is it running? Are you able to print from that computer via a cable?

At one time Canon's wireless printing setup was counter intuitive. You had to first connect the printer via USB and install a driver. After that you could complete wireless setup.

You might find this page useful. It has links covering several different situations. PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Assistance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
At one time Canon's wireless printing setup was counter intuitive.

That's saying it mildly. ;D I don't believe I've run into a more difficult wireless setup than the Canon. Lucky for me the printer finally died and I didn't have to deal with it any more. No more Canon printers for me. In comparison, my Epson wireless setup was a snap.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a Pixma MP990 connected wirelessly and have had it for several years. Prior to that I had a 980. Between the 980 and 990 they simplified the process a bit but it is still a royal pain.

Before the Canon printers our printers were either Epsons or in the early dais Apple's Imagewriter II and StyleWriter. My only objection to the Epsons we had were that the clogged easily when not used often. This lead to wasting a lot of ink as it cleared cartridges and premature failure of the printers due to clogs that would not clear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
That's saying it mildly. ;D I don't believe I've run into a more difficult wireless setup than the Canon. Lucky for me the printer finally died and I didn't have to deal with it any more. No more Canon printers for me. In comparison, my Epson wireless setup was a snap.

Amen to that! I gave up on my Canon printer a long time ago. For the life of me I could not get it to print wirelessly. I recently purchased an HP Envy and had it up and running in no time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.