Troubles partitioning my drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Bootcamp always ends with a pop-up that says there was an error in partitioning your drive. I have more than enough space, I really don't know what might be the problem.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Much more information is needed before we can help. Copy the error that you're getting and paste it here. And are the specs for your Mac as given in your profile? Include the version of OS X you're running.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I thought it was a generic error message. I have an iMac i7 4gb ram. I didn't copy the error I closed the window before I posted this message. But all it said was that there was an error partitioning the drive and nothing else.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you run Disk Utility and verify the drive are any errors reported?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry I thought it was a generic error message. I have an iMac i7 4gb ram. I didn't copy the error I closed the window before I posted this message. But all it said was that there was an error partitioning the drive and nothing else.

Run Disk Utility as suggested by Slydude and verify your hard drive first before doing anything else. Usual errors from Boot Camp are classified as either hard drive errors or not enough continuous space to create a partition. And don't forget to change your Mac specs in your profile.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all your replies. I ended up repairing my disk and permissions (which showed errors when I verified the drive). I was then able to partition the drive and install windows with no problems.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.