Adobe for 10.6.8

Reaction score
Currently using 10.6.8 When trying to use adobe it won't do anything and says something along the line of plug in blocked. When I try to install adobe it says a more current version is already on your computer.

How do I resolve this issue. ANY assistance would be appreciated

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Currently using 10.6.8 When trying to use adobe it won't do anything and says something along the line of plug in blocked. When I try to install adobe it says a more current version is already on your computer.

How do I resolve this issue. ANY assistance would be appreciated

Your post only says "adobe". "Adobe" can refer to many many different products offered by Adobe (I could easily list 10-15 Adobe products). And let's not even start to talk about all the different versions of all these products…and whether or not a specific version is compatible with OS 10.6.8.

So please clarify what Adobe product you are referring to….what version is it…and if you know if it's compatible with OS 10.6.8.:)

- Nick

OP
I
Reaction score
all it says is adobe flash...works fine with firefox but not with safari.
Does my safari need updating?

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does my safari need updating?

Most likely yes. Whatever version of Safari is installed is outdated. This is because the OS that's installed is 10.6.8 (at this point a pretty old OS version). OS 10.6.8 is NOT compatible with the latest version of Safari…in fact…OS 10.6.8 is not even compatible with the previous older version of Safari.

To the best of my knowledge…Safari version 5 is the latest version compatible with OS 10.6.8. The current (newest) version of Safari is version 8 (3 versions newer). Then add to this Adobe Flash compatibility. Long story short…the latest version of Adobe Flash is not compatible with Safari 5 either.

Botton line. The version of Safari and the version of Adobe Flash on this computer (running OS 10.6.8) are outdated….possibly MUCH outdated. And the only way to resolve things is to upgrade the OS on this computer (if possible).

AND…you may not want to upgrade the OS on this computer (if it's possible)…because many other apps that may be installed on this computer may not be compatible with a newer OS version.

When you're operating with an older computer running an older OS version…eventually you run into these sort of issues.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The OP can test what Adobe Flash version is installed by going to:
Adobe - Flash Player

We got a notice for an update for our SL 10.6.8 iMac the other day, and their installer is still stupid and often doesn't work as expected. And also when it says it's installed, often all it's done is download and "install" the installer.

And when the installer is run, don't forget to click the almost invisible "authorize" checkbox so that the Install button shows and can then be clicked on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.