Disk Warrior was my last resort!

M

Mungzy

Upon start up I get the alternating blinking question mark and happy mac OS logo over a folder. This occurred 2 weeks ago, but I booted up w/ software install CD, found mounted HD and was able to fix w/o a problem. Cleaned up my desktop and ran Norton. A few days later I downloaded updates and after one particular download I noticed my computer having trouble starting up and it went back to the question mark/happy mac. Booted up w/CD, but no mounted HD. HD no where to be found!! Ran Disk Warrior and it found everything! DW made its repairs and replaced my HD. Started up and question mark/happy mac again! Booted up w/CD and no mounted HD! Upon start up I get a chime, but then nothing and it goes straight to question mark/happy mac. How do I get my mac to recognize my system folder!!?? That’s the problem, right!???

OP
J

jerodhusvar

Mungzy said:
Upon start up I get the alternating blinking question mark and happy mac OS logo over a folder. This occurred 2 weeks ago, but I booted up w/ software install CD, found mounted HD and was able to fix w/o a problem. Cleaned up my desktop and ran Norton. A few days later I downloaded updates and after one particular download I noticed my computer having trouble starting up and it went back to the question mark/happy mac. Booted up w/CD, but no mounted HD. HD no where to be found!! Ran Disk Warrior and it found everything! DW made its repairs and replaced my HD. Started up and question mark/happy mac again! Booted up w/CD and no mounted HD! Upon start up I get a chime, but then nothing and it goes straight to question mark/happy mac. How do I get my mac to recognize my system folder!!?? That’s the problem, right!???

Boot up from a CD, go to the Startup Disk control panel and make sure your system folder on the hard drive is selected as the boot drive. Also, you may need to re"bless" the system folder. Go to your system folder, drag the finder out of the folder and then drag it back in. The folder should change to show a smiley mac on it and you'll be in business.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.