I'm stuck in safe mode, safe boot

Reaction score
How can i get out of safe mode, safe boot. I've tried command+r, esc, restartinc from de apple menu, no one of that it works for me.Can anyone help me please?I have to say that i put my mac on safe mode because my disk was damaged, i looked in the internet and i read that was the solution, but now im stuck on safe mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
OK, never heard of that...
You should try holding option (alt) key down immediately after the startup sound. Hold until you see the first drive choice appear. Then select your Mac HD then click right arrow. Does it work?

OP
J
Reaction score
I did that , and nothing...
I forgot to say that i have a mac 10.6.8 (2006)imac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to say that i put my mac on safe mode because my disk was damaged, i looked in the internet and i read that was the solution, but now im stuck on safe mode.

There's your problem. Repair the disk or swap it out for a new one and you'll get back to normal mode. Make sure you backup everything first which you should be able to do from safe mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Do you have a Time Machine backup or any other backup?
If not, you might try using another Mac - with your Mac in Target mode, to copy everything. Then reformat your hard drive and reinstall OS X to see if the drive is really damaged.
(yes, the drive can be damaged and still get into Safe Mode)

About Target mode:
How to Boot a Mac in Target Disk Mode | OSXDaily
Understanding the Applications for Target Disk Mode - Tuts+ Computer Skills Tutorial

Wait -- I didn't ask you if you've tried repairing the drive using Disk Utility from Recovery Mode:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314
Do this first!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.