Question about using Fusion

Reaction score
I recently converted from pc to mac. Now I have to download fusion anyway so that i can use SAS (a program only compatible with PC operating system). Will I also be able to download microsoft office for WINDOWS? I know that microsoft makes a version for mac but i already have purchased a version for PC and would like to save money by downloading it. I haven't purchased fusion yet but just wanted to know if i can expect to be able to download the microsoft office for windows that i already purchased using fusion?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Since you haven't purchased Fusion yet, let me save you some money. Download the free VirtualBox from oracle. It will run Windows fine and that means you can use your Windows application and also your Windows version of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office for the Mac (2011) is not free and you would have to purchase it even though you have the Windows version. Yes, you can download it from Microsoft but it will cost you $$ or you can subscribe to Office 365 personal and get it (Mac Office) for $69.00. Click on the link above to download VirtualBox. You can also download the instructions for using it at the same time.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you go with either VirtualBox (free) or VMWare Fusion ($80) or Parallels ($80), you will also need purchase a copy of Windows 8 to install within this Virtual Machine and you can then install the SAS software and your copy of Office.

The primary function of these virtualization software is the ability to create a virtual machine to run another OS, like Windows or Linux, on your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.