Help...Macbook ruined by teeth extraction.....only works when plugged in

Reaction score
Last week my son had his wisdom teeth removed over his spring break. He was watching Netflix and drugged on pain medicine. He fell asleep. The ice pack leaked water on the keyboard. (I didn't know it had a hole or I would have trashed it.). Anyway, he freaked. He dryed off the water and I placed it in front of a small fan. The next morning it was working but ONLY when plugged in. Since we just purchased it in August from his college, he took it to the computer repair center on campus. They wouldn't touch it because of the water damage. It was recommended he take it to the local authorized Apple repair center. This place didn't even do anything but quote $900 to repair it. Can anyone help? And I will need help at a very elementary level☺️ I have read several threads that mentioned some possible causes And repairs. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!! Oh....it is a 13" MBP (see, I have been reading), retina display, mid 2014, OS X Yosemite, 2.6 ghz Intel core 15

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.