Overwritten Folder, how can I get this back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
Hi, been scanning in images now, about 100 in total, a lot of work, and today I accidentally downloaded and saved folder with the same name it overwritten all my saved images.

How can i get this back, I have tried some software but seems to not be too good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im sorry to say, if you have moved a folder and you click 'replace', then the System skips sending it too the trash, and deletes the folder straight away. This is why it brings up "Do you want to replace" window.

The only way to recover it, is too either grab it from a Time Machine or other backup, or use something like Data Rescue 3 and hope it hasn't been over written on the Disk.
Even then, you really need to know what size the file/folder was and the files inside it, so when it brings up 1000's of images, you have a idea, where it is.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
Holy Jesus $99!

I tried demo and just too much commitment for a demo! These **** companies! They want you blood type now!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it may be in excess of $1,000 for commercial data recovery.

And not necessary to use that HJ.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.