Convince Me...

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
It is the BEST system you will ever buy.

End of Argument.......

Actually I can expand a bit more..........

If you want a system that is stable, and hassle free, intuitive and has a great set of features already bundled then go for it. If however you want to have to constantly restart your computer and have nothing but trouble then go for Windows XP.

OP
C

caveatipss

Say_Cheese said:
It is the BEST system you will ever buy.

End of Argument.......

Actually I can expand a bit more..........

If you want a system that is stable, and hassle free, intuitive and has a great set of features already bundled then go for it. If however you want to have to constantly restart your computer and have nothing but trouble then go for Windows XP.

LOL after typing my post, I had to restart my XP laptop because it froze hahahaha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
caveatipss said:
LOL after typing my post, I had to restart my XP laptop because it froze hahahaha
Please explain this "freezing" you talk of???? I'm confused

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
caveatipss said:

sounds like reason enough to buy a mac

Reaction score
michaelstumpf said:
sounds like reason enough to buy a mac
the only thing is that it appers that after you buy a mac, your grammer skills disappear!

OP
K

Kokopelli

EDIT-XTREEM said:
the only thing is that it appers that after you buy a mac, your grammer skills disappear!

Yes, grammar skills do too. ;) (The most annoying thing about using Camino is the lack of a built in spell checker.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
EDIT-XTREEM said:

don't be so hard on yourself, you only misspelled one word in that post

Reaction score
oops..

i guess spelling also get worse!

,maybe it is just sitting on my mac typing away on mac forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe. Anyway the fact that you had to restart after typing a post is a good enough reason to buy a mac. Now all you got to do is decide which one you want to go for. I mean the mac mini is good but you also might want to look at the iMac depending on what it is that you do.

OP
B

Berman

caveatipss said:

hahaha.. i think that's a sign from god ;)

well one reason is that you will never have that happen again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Well, I always wanted to get a Mac, and debated it. My only issue was that base prices of a mac were kinda high. I mean, a month before I bought my iMac, I maxed out a Dell XPS M140... okay didn't max it out, but fairly good specs- 512 RAM, 80 GB hard drive, good video card, and so on... but it was at a fairly low price-under $1000. Now, macs START at that price (minus the mini,but add a good monitor over 20" and you're looking at like $800)... then again the Dell ended up having a bunch of apps not working, so I returned it a few weeks later ;)

Just go to an Apple Store when you have an hour or two free and talk to the people there and try out a few macs. If you're convinced, get one. It'll be the greatest choice of your life.

But it's all down to what you think. If you can afford one, go for it.

OP
C

caveatipss

BlindingLights said:
Well, I always wanted to get a Mac, and debated it. My only issue was that base prices of a mac were kinda high. I mean, a month before I bought my iMac, I maxed out a Dell XPS M140... okay didn't max it out, but fairly good specs- 512 RAM, 80 GB hard drive, good video card, and so on... but it was at a fairly low price-under $1000. Now, macs START at that price (minus the mini,but add a good monitor over 20" and you're looking at like $800)... then again the Dell ended up having a bunch of apps not working, so I returned it a few weeks later ;)

Just go to an Apple Store when you have an hour or two free and talk to the people there and try out a few macs. If you're convinced, get one. It'll be the greatest choice of your life.

But it's all down to what you think. If you can afford one, go for it.

Unfortunately, there are no Apple stores in this city. I would have to go to New Orleans I think. So I have to buy untried, sight-unseen. Ihave used a powerbook before and liked it, but I stupidly dropped it and broke it before I could really try it out lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go for it. You will NOT regret it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Sure you can make the argument that a Windows machine is cheaper but once you factor in all the stress, hassle, and time lost dealing with problems Windows brings to the table I GARUNTEE you will be thankful you paid a little more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.