iPhoto on OSX Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Macbook with two hard drive partitions. Partition 1 runs OSX Tiger but no longer boots up.

Partition 2 runs OSX Mountain Lion. I have moved all the files I need from Partition 1 to Partition 2 EXCEPT for the photos in iPhotos. I have many pics of my kids in there that haven't been backed up elsewhere.

I can see and access Partition 1 from Partition 2 but I can't open the iPhoto application on Partition 1 from Partition 2. I could always install iPhoto on Partition 2 but would that allow me to open the version on Partition 1 (I think not).

Any suggestions for how to get the photos from iPhoto off Partition 1?

NOTE that reinstalling the operating system on Partition 1 or attempting to upgrade it doesn't seem to work. Not sure why -- whole different post. It seems I'll have to wipe it clean and start over, but I gotta get those pics first.

Thanks,
CRB

C

chas_m

Who cares if you can't copy the iPhoto *application* from one partition to another? That's not where the photos are.

The photos are in the file/package called iPhoto Library. THAT's the only thing that needs to be moved over (well, might as well copy the whole Pictures folder really). Any later iPhoto you install on your more updated partition will be able to read that old iPhoto Library. The Pictures folder (and iPhoto Library specifically) are located in your home folder on the older partition.

And ffs start backing up your photos!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.