cursor moves from application to desk top randomly.

Reaction score
When I am typing in any application, my cursor jumps from where I am at, to the Desk Top. If I continue typing, it re-titles one of the things I have on my Desk Top. I have to click on my page that I am typing on to get it back.
Apple Help seem to think it was the key board or mouse, but I changed those out and it is still happening.
I've seen some suggestions that it is a problem with the Trackpad, but I do not have one.
I have a Mac os Lion 10.7.5. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

OP
B
Reaction score
Please re-read my post. Did you not notice it says I have a Mac osx Lion 10.7.5? I also said exactly what I was doing when I have the problem, and I included suggestions that have already been tried. What more do you need?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hmmm…..??? And no trackpad, so I guess that leaves us with a bunch of older Mac models that can run Lion OS X 10.7.5. Yup!! ;)

It was sure sounding like the old shirt cuff goofing up the trackpad, but it can't be that I guess.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Dear bearlyhome, re read your post and nowhere does it mention what device you are using with what. You obviously did not read the suggested requirements in "How to write a quality post."
Your question is a little like saying, my car has a problem with the accelerator. I changed accelerators but I still have the same problem.
Device model, year of manufacture, type of keyboard, and type/make of mouse are at least essentials to assist you with your problem. For example, Bluetooth Apple Mighty Mouse. I have noted similar problems with Blue Tooth mouse performance but only with some device models. So more info please.:|

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@bearlyhome Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? You mentioned switching keyboards / mice but no indication whether the problems occur with a wired or wireless keyboard.

I've seen similar behavior with wireless keyboard /mouse combinations if the batteries need to be recharged / replaced.

OP
B
Reaction score
I AM using a wireless remote and mouse pad. I was using a Longitech, lighted keyboard. I experienced the problem I described above. So I switched that keyboard out for the Apple key board that came with my Mac OSX lion, 10.7.5, that I purchased in April of 2012. If there is more specific info needed, please just tell me what you want to know. Insults are not helpful Rod Sprague. Obviously, I am not computer savvy, and that is why I am here for help and to learn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.