Exporting iPhoto pics to usb drive

Reaction score
How can I keep my original file size when exporting an iPhoto picture to a usb drive? When exporting in "full size" my 2.2 mb original file size comes out to 4.2 and the original image size. When exporting in "large size" the file size is reduced to 708 kb, with an image size of 1280x850 instead of 4288x2848. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Simple. Don't use "Export."

Select the photos you want within iPhoto, drag them to your USB key icon. It will copy the photos full size and full resolution.

You can also create a new folder in a Finder window, drag the photos there, then upload en masse to your USB key.

OP
M
Reaction score
How can I keep my original file size when exporting an iPhoto picture to a usb drive? When exporting in "full size" my 2.2 mb original file size comes out to 4.2 and the original image size. When exporting in "large size" the file size is reduced to 708 kb, with an image size of 1280x850 instead of 4288x2848. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you caribiner23. It works just like you said.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.