deleting programmes

Reaction score
Ok another newbie question.
Why do i have so much trouble deleting an unwanted downloaded programme?
I seem to do it but it always seems difficult, and then I'm not completely sure that its gone?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Deleting programs depend on the programs. If the program has an uninstaller, use that. Otherwise, it is usually OK to just drag the application from the Applications folder to the Trash Can.

You can also use programs like AppCleaner to make it easier to delete the programs and their associated configuration files.

OP
N
Reaction score
Where

Where would the uninstaller be?
I've downloaded u zippers and the had to get rid of them cos I can't get them to work
In windows I right clicked, now I'm completely lost

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The uninstallers would be in the same location at the application, if they've created a folder. Sometimes, the uninstallers are in the original DMG file you used to install an application.

The rule of thumb, usually, is that if you had to go through a formal installation process (apart from my dragging the application icon to the Applications folder), there will be a formal uninstallation process as well.

Otherwise, just use the AppCleaner app I mentioned above, click on the Applications tab, check the ones you want to delete, click Search and then Delete.

OP
N
Reaction score
Ok thanks, will have a play around.
Such a novice, which is funny cos I wernt with my old windows laptop.
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.