printer driver

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here. Happy Thursday !
The majority of my topics will probably be about music production. I have used Garageband for 2 yrs. now and I getting ready to take the plunge into Logic Pro x. However , today I need some help getting my printer up and running. I have a Canon Pixma MP500. My Macbook pro is 2 yrs. old now and was originally able to get it to print but, not scan. Now, since I had the OS replaced I cannot get printer to work but, the scanner is working. Any help would really be awesome. Thanks, Jim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Now if you could let us know just what Mac model and OS X version it's using, maybe we could help or you could just check with Canon or Apple and see if your printer is even compatible and supported.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have searched for a remedy for this . Thats how I got it to work before. It seems Apple doesn't have a driver for my printer but, there seems to work around solutions. I managed to get the scanner going with a driver someone recommended on Apples community support forum. In order to print though, I need a 2nd. driver I guess. Thanks again, Jim.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The latest operating system that Canon supports for your PIXMA MP500 is Mountain Lion. My advice is to avoid buying Canon products as they are poorly supported for Mac OS X. Support for Windows is excellent. Stick with Epson, Brother, and HP which generally have better support for Mac OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
J
Reaction score
Hey , thanks you guys. I've had this printer for 10 yrs.Worked great with windows like you said but 2 yrs. ago is when I switched to Mac. Nothing but problems.I have my eye on an Epson that can also print out colored CD's & DVD's for my audio production. Thanks again, I will try these links.
Jim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.