I can't move album pictures from iPhone to iPhoto

Reaction score
Hi there!

Since several days I'm trying to download all my pictures from my iPhone 4S to iPhoto. It's strange because it seems just to see the Camera Roll and not the albums. I have many pictures in the iPhone that I can't move on my Mac because iPhoto don't sees anything other than the Camera Roll. These pictures are definitely not in iPhoto, I already looked for them but nothing.

What can I do to move them in iPhoto, or at least, on my computer?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome to the Forums

As far as I understand it, iPhoto is working properly.

At least on all my iPhones, the Camera Roll consists of the total sum of all your photos. The Albums contain the same photos, but arranged according to date, place, recent, recently deleted etc.

You cannot transfer the Album structure to iPhoto (or your Mac in general). Instead, iPhoto sees all your Camera Roll photos (which is all photos). You import all these, or selected photos according to choice, into iPhoto then arrange them in any way you like. Events, simple Albums, Smart Albums and so on.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Unless it's changed from iPhone 3 to iPhone 4, the Camera Roll only contains the photos taken with the iPhone. If you have synced these photos into iPhoto and then made Albums in iPhoto with these photos in, and then synced them back to your iPhone, the iPhoto Albums will show up in the Photos App on your iPhone, along with the Camera Roll.

However, when you next connect your iPhone back to your Mac, it will only show the photos in the Camera Roll as being available to download into iPhoto.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
MightyGem

I agree.

What you say is also my understanding, but the OP gave no indication that he had re-downloaded photos from anywhere, so I assumed that he was talking about photos taken with his iPhone. If this assumption is correct, then the Camera Roll should represent the totality of his photos however distributed or organised into Albums.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
but the OP gave no indication that he had re-downloaded photos from anywhere
That's ok. I wasn't sure either, so gave my answer incase he had.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.