sms using iPad through my android phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
So, here is my situation. I recently came back to Mac. I had a Sony flip touchscreen running windows 8, and I had a galaxy tab s. I traded them in a few weeks ago for a new 2tb AirPort Extreme time capsule, a MacBook air, and an iPad Air 2. I decided to keep my android phone, I like the phone, I like android in my phone. It is a nexus 5. I know if I traded my phone in for an iPhone, I can connect my MacBook, iPad and phone and answer sms messages, and phone calls that I recieve in my phone through my iPad and MacBook.

Is there any way possible to recieve messages on my android phone and be able to read and answer them on my iPad and/or MacBook? The key is, whatever I send through my Mac/iPad sms, I want to be able to have it on the phone as well, and vice-versa, like apple connectivity, on,y for an android phone. So if I plug my phone in in the bedroom, I can surf my iPad or MacBook in the living room and see and respond to whatever calls/messages my phone receives using my iPad or MacBook. Any ideas?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
On the Mac and iPhone/iPad and so on, you are using the Messages app to send SMS's (real and fake) through Apple's servers. This only works with Apple devices and so your Android phone cannot get into loop and there is no way around this..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could use MightyText on your computer to send and receive SMS from your Android phone. As for your iOS devices, I haven't seen anything yet that will let you do that.

It's moments like this that I really wish everyone was on a nice cross-platform messaging service.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Well, Thanks for the replies. I decided to just go for it and get an iPhone 6 instead of trying to figure out a workaround. It was;t just for the SMS issue, having everything else in my house running Mac software, I bit the bullet, and parted ways with my beloved Nexus 6 and am not trying to figure out my new iPhone. Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.