Apple Mail storage in Onedrive

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 1TB of Onedrive storage, but unfortunately only 5GB on iCloud. I usually store all my old e-mails on the iCloud for easy accessibility anywhere anytime. My iCloud is now filled up by pictures and stuff, so I've come to the conclusion that it is probably not the best place to store e-mails. I have around 2GB of old mails (certainly because of the attachments) and my independent e-mail provider doesn't provide more than 2GB online storage for IMAP, so that's not a sustainable solution. I was therefore wondering if it is possible to link my Apple Mail app to my Onedrive, and thereby still benefit from the accessibility.

So to sum it up: is it possible to store e-mails in Onedrive and still be able to access them easily from the Apple Mail app on both my macbook, iphone and ipad. If it's not possible, then please let me know. Thank you!

Last edited:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Unless there's something I don't know, this isn't possible. Mail applications need to access mail through a mail server and OneDrive is nothing more than online storage. You could certainly export the mailboxes and store them on OneDrive (see here) but that would require you to open them when you need them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.