Yosemite compatibility with Family Tree Maker 3

Reaction score
I have iMAC with OS Maverick and use the program Family Tree Maker 3 for my genealogy database. The grapevine tells me that there are some problems of compatibility with Yosemite so I am afraid to download it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 13" Mid-2014 i5 256gb SSD 8gb Ram, iPad Mini 2 32gb
I am using Family Tree Maker 3 on my 2014 MBPr running Yosemite. I also have it on my old 2011 MBA that was upgraded to Yosemite. The only issue I had was that sometimes some of the people are listed more than once without all their details attached in each listing. Not sure if it is the program or my file. I purely have it setup to just have my family history easily accessible. My aunt is the one that is doing the actual research.

That being said, it is different for each person. Make sure you keep a backup of your files before converting them to this version, in case there is an issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.