Getting Video from MacBookPro to Screen

Reaction score
Have a MacBookPro at our church circa 2010 and running Mt. Lion (I think). We put in DVD which launches iDVD. We see video on computer screen but is not going out to projector; audio is perfect. Note that if I launch powerpoint on same computer, we get the video out to projector and screen perfectly so the connection is there. What would I need to change in order to get video of dvd out to projector. We have done it previously but has been about a year.

OP
R
Reaction score
Interesting. No one answered this. An engineer in our church who works with PC's suggested hitting F7 to mirror the desktop to the projector. Turns out that is the solution.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Interesting. No one answered this. An engineer in our church who works with PC's suggested hitting F7 to mirror the desktop to the projector. Turns out that is the solution.

Congratulations on finding the solution.

Since this was a "church related situation"…I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase…"God helps those who help themselves!"

This computing issue & solution...was a great example of that phrase in practice!:)

Again congratulations!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.