Print drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Print driver for HP Photosmart C5280 All in One Printer.
OS X Yosemite upgrade done tonight.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah, they sent me to the Apple Software Update page, and there I found the HP Printer Driver package. A one-size-fits-all suite that is supposed to do the trick. It's my Girlfriend's computer, and I am giving her the printer. I'll give a shot tomorrow. I'll be sure to post the results.

Thanks for your reply.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have found that if you plug in (assuming it's a USB connection) the printer and switch it on the computer will display a dialogue box asking if you want to download the drivers for this printer. Update will then search for and (eventually) instal the necessary drivers. Can take a while.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Large is an understatement!! I got notice to download the latest HP Printer Driver package not long ago, that I didn't even need for my old HP printer, and it's over 1/2 a GB in size!! Stupid waste of space for just a single printer. Dumber than dumb bloat and hard if not impossible to bypass!! :( :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After downloading the HP printer package remove all the printers that you'll never use and only keep what you need. You can do the same thing for each printer you own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
After downloading the HP printer package remove all the printers that you'll never use and only keep what you need. You can do the same thing for each printer you own.

I've always done that, especially with desktop Macs and it's always a PITA and waste of time to do.

But for some reason, Apple's Software Update seems to sense that some surplus printer stuff is missing or just has another new update and insists one download and install the whole huge package again.

But I think I've finally got that stopped and no more nagging, at least for a while now. :Smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.