Ipod touch 1st gen headphone static

Reaction score
I got this iPod touch first gen from a friend a few days ago its running ios 3.1.3. I plugged in headphones and played a song but I couldn't hear the music so i turned the volume all the way up. I could hear a choppy static and I could kind of understand the music. Is there anything I can do?

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First of all, if you are uploading photos, please keep them 800px big on the longest side, as not everyone views the forum on a 27" iMac . . Thanks

Secondly, I doubt that it is a 1st Gen iPod Touch as it seems to be running iOS7 looking at the icons on the home screen.

Now as to the issue, I could only suggest trying different headphones as it looks like there is a lot of damage to the iPod . . . In a situation like this, there really isn't a lot you can do.

OP
I
Reaction score
First of all, if you are uploading photos, please keep them 800px big on the longest side, as not everyone views the forum on a 27" iMac . . Thanks

Secondly, I doubt that it is a 1st Gen iPod Touch as it seems to be running iOS7 looking at the icons on the home screen.

Now as to the issue, I could only suggest trying different headphones as it looks like there is a lot of damage to the iPod . . . In a situation like this, there really isn't a lot you can do.
Sorry about the pics I should have made them smaller. It is actually running iOS 3.1.3 I used whited00r to make it look like iOS 7. The headphones work fine I tried them on my iphone. Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.