Flashing contacts/messages icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
I am getting these two icons flashing up on the LHS of my screen:
contacts_zpsgc8roqax.png

messgaes_zpsgqilk3yg.png

Ive tried opening and force quitting them but the icon still comes back, it normally just shows my contacts, or the messages i have on my iphone, its not a massive problem but just slightly irritating, is there any way to turn this off.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I get those also. My wife and I both have an iPhone using the same Apple ID and we're both on our home network most of the time. Whenever she uses "contacts" on her iPhone the contacts symbol appears on the Dock of my iMac. Same thing happens when she uses messages. Both of those symbols are what you're seeing on your Dock. It's normal.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
I had messages and contacts syncing with my old MBP but never had these icons, they are not a massive problem but can get a bit distracting they do that jumping hop effect that opening a new icon normally does. Is there any way to turn off the messages/contacts feature?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure you can turn that off if you're syncing contacts and messages between your iPhone and your Mac. I actually like the effect and it only lasts for 10 seconds or so and then disappears.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.