So is this the section where we stumble in and say hello?

K

kal151

I've had my 14" iBook G4 for about 1.5 years now. I had purchased a new windoze laptop (my first experience with XP :radioacti ) to replace an aging desktop. Within a week it was unusable due to ad-ware/virus. I had to format and start over....on a one week old machine. :bomb: I installed all the usual security stuff (updates/Ad-Aware/Norton) on the new install. It lasted about a month before Norton was telling me there were virus' on it that it could not remove. I backed-up my data, formated and listed it on ebay. :biohazard

My goal with that machine was to have a dual-boot setup with XP and whatever Linux flavor I was using at the time. Going back a couple years prior, I had a laptop running Mandrake that I used as my primary machine. It worked for the most part but still had some hardware issues (win-modem/no specific video module for the card) and of course lacked the ability to play most .mov and .wmv files. Web surfing was not the strong point of that machine. I considered buying a laptop with a pre-configured Linux distro but they were all pretty expensive.

I had never really considered a Mac. That is until I started reading about Nextstep and OS X. Looking back I can't for the life of me figure out why I bought that XP laptop instead of a Mac. OS X is by far the best UNIX distro I have ever seen (for my needs anyway). I am so glad I finally stepped up and bought one. This thing is just incredible! Everything just works, amazing. Six hours out of a laptop battery? Are you kidding me? Awesome simply awesome. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
well, welcome to the forums! i hope we can help you with anythign you need!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Welcome to the fourms. Enjoy the mac experience, and ask any questions you might have of us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
*stumbles in and says "Hello!", too.

Tomorrow my Mac will arrive, yay!

OP
S

Steve1

""...and ask any questions you might have of us."

Umm. What's the meaning of life? Who wants to give me $100,000.00? Why is Windows such rubbish? Why is the iPodVideo so expensive? :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
OS X is by far the best UNIX distro I have ever seen

Unix distro... UNIX DISTRO! It ain't no unux distro!

j/k, Welcome, if you have any questions or need any help just ask.

Umm. What's the meaning of life? Who wants to give me $100,000.00? Why is Windows such rubbish? Why is the iPodVideo so expensive?

The meaning of life is Expensive iPod Videos
Wheel of Fortune want to give you $100,000
Windows is rubbish because Mentok wills it so!
iPod Video is costly because it is the meaning of life.

I hope that helped you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
OP
K

Kokopelli

Stumbles in.... Hi.

Steve1 said:
""...and ask any questions you might have of us."

Umm. What's the meaning of life? Who wants to give me $100,000.00? Why is Windows such rubbish? Why is the iPodVideo so expensive? :headphone

not me (Would be willing to loan you 100K VND though)

design by committee

because people will pay that much.

OP
K

kal151

Hello back to everybody. Kar98 you are going to love it.

Jabjabs I guess I should have typed *nix distro or BSD perhaps. LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.