Virtual Machines

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to using this (or any kind) of forum for asking my questions directly. Although I have used it many times just searching and finding the answers I needed. But I have a problem with my Macbook Air that I cannot find a solution. I tried to install sometime ago a virtual machine (I do remember installing VirtualBox but I am not sure that was the only trial I did - DUMB, OK, I KNOW!). Now I simply cannot free the space anymore. Whenever I go to the Storage option on "About this Mac" and my Other files are ginormous! I already deleted everything, music, pictures, videos, ALL my files are not in my computer anymore, I also emptied trash, have been through the "operation cannot be completed because you dont have permission" thing and over it.... Meaning.. I did it all, I think. But while looking for something I did find in my Library a folder from VirtualBox and then I remembered that it was when I installed this thing that my Macbook changed forever. Can anyone help me with this please? Is it possible that there is a virtual machine hiding somewhere in my computer? :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I no longer have VirtualBox installed but if I remember correctly it stores the virtual machine image in your documents folder. It should be labelled such that you can recognize it and simply delete it. Also, you can go to this link and read the documentation which is the form of a PDF file. The documentation should tell you how to uninstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.