• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Jobs and LSD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 1.8ghz 1 gb ram iBook G4 1.2ghz 768 mb ram
I recently read that Steve Jobs said that doing LSD was one of the two or three most important experiences of his life. I guess that explains the crazy visualizers in itunes and the creativity put into apple designs. :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
best post ever!

do you have a source?
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i don't care if thats fake, thats awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It has been cited in most books about Apple. Works like APPLE and INFINITE LOOP specifically mention it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
coach_z said:
best post ever!

do you have a source?
-chris

It's true that jobs took LSD 'back in the day', he also smoked a lot of other... *cough*... ahem... 'substances'.

I've read many biographies on Jobs, and they all talk about him having used drugs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I heard that his wardrobe ideas came to him in an acid induced tripdream.

**black...turtlneck****...jeans...****..new balance shoes...***

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Granted, I don't think it influenced Apple's designs that much, he hasn't done drugs in a few decades, so I doubt it was a huge effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
That's pretty cool to hear...

But I still think LSD is a dangerous drug. So is cocaine, heroine, and meth. Marijuana, on the other hand, seems to be no more dangerous than tobacco or alcohol, and I actually think it should be leagalized, though taxed like tobacco, and the police concentrate on more sinister substances like cocaine, crack, heroine, etc. Now I haven't smoked pot in a good while (because it is illegal!), but if it were legal I'm sure I would use it as a recreational substance over alcohol. It releases seritonin, makes you feel good and can expand your thinking, and is fine for occasional use. You awake feeling chipper the next day, not hung over. Prolonged heavy use can cause fatty tissue to grow in the brain, which causes the foggy memory of 'burn outs'. Stopping use will cause the fat to go away. Too much use of alcohol actually kills brain cells. No repairing that!

I suppose anything can be fine in moderation but harmful if abused (including mac usage?). Well I guess that rant was useless, but oh well!!! :mac:

Reaction score
claudius753 said:
You awake feeling chipper the next day, not hung over.

I'd have to argue against that. There may not be as much of a stereotypical hangover but mental functioning is somewhat lacking the next day...so i've heard :eek:neye:

Reaction score
haha, yeah i agree with you ^^^ i was never awake and chipper in highschool. i blame it on all the pot. actually maybe it was because i smoked before i went to school too? x_x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mig.gentry said:
I'd have to argue against that. There may not be as much of a stereotypical hangover but mental functioning is somewhat lacking the next day...so i've heard :eek:neye:

I wouldn't say 'chipper' either, but you have to admit, it's better than the average morning hurt... *looks around nervously* I mean... uh... you should be ashamed of yourselves! I lead an absolutely wonderful life without drugs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
claudius753 said:
You awake feeling chipper the next day, not hung over.

I'd have to agree...back then.....in my rebellious days....not now of course....yeah...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
to_tough_to_die said:
Granted, I don't think it influenced Apple's designs that much, he hasn't done drugs in a few decades, so I doubt it was a huge effect.

That and all the jobs really had to do with the design was to hire the guys who were that creative. Then give them the ability to design it so clever.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 1.8ghz 1 gb ram iBook G4 1.2ghz 768 mb ram
actually LSD is virtually harmless to mentally stable individuals. as far as pot goes, it shouldn't even have to be discussed. several studies have shown that marijuana does not cause brain damage, or memory loss. the only harmful thing is the smoke, which can be avoided by using a vaporizer or baking it into food. check out norml.com for more info, you'd be surprised what legalization could do for our country.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.