Printing from PowerBook to Windows XP

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Very frustrating problem. I have an HP LaserJet 1012 hooked up to my wife's computer (Windows XP), and want to print to it from my PowerBook without having to switch the USB cable from one computer to the other, so printing using sharing would be ideal. It doesn't seem to work though. I go into Printer Setup Utility, click Add, More Printers, I have Windows Printing selected, it has my Workgroup, but no computers are displayed. I even tried sharing a printer from my Windows 2003 Server machine, but it doesn't show up on the list either. This has me confused, because a co-worker of mine shared his printer on his PC at work and his Mac instantly found it. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Thought maybe it was the Windows Firewall at first, but it's been turned off and still no go. Any help would be GREATLTY appreciated. Thanks!

OP
X
Reaction score
EDIT-XTREEM said:
I'm in the same boat... ):

I just made some progress.. If you go in to add a new printer, and when you click More Printers, hold option when you do this. In the next menu, you'll see Advanced in the drop box and you can select Windows Printer via SAMBA in the Device drop box, then you should be able to figure out the rest.

The problem I'm having now is apparently OS X doesn't have support for my HP LaserJet 1012 :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.