Is it possible to change grey background in Word for Mac 2011?

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the grey background in Word for Mac 2011 - NOT the color of the page itself, but the grey backdrop behind the page. In previous versions, it was a restful blue, and I'd love to change it back. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Make sure that you're showing the Ribbon. Click on "Layout", click on "Themes", and go thru them until you find one that does what you wish. I'm not sure if that will work for you though. There is no straight choice selection of the color in Mac Word 2011 as there is in Windows Word. I too like the blue background which I use in Windows Word 2010.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, chscag!

Alas, Themes doesn't seem to be changing the color of the area behind the page. Any other thoughts, or must I resign myself to grey?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry Jo, that's the best suggestion I could come up with. Like I stated above, I know it can be changed in Windows Word but Mac Word does not have all the bells and whistles that the Windows version has. Live with it for now as we are supposed to have a new version of Office (2015) sometime later this year. Maybe that option will be included.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.