Quick Question about 2008 13" Macbook Battery Installation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
Is the white button that is turned to release the old battery supposed to come off? The new battery installed fine and it is seated properly. The white button turns and the battery is locked but I cannot get the white button to stay on. Right now I have covered the white button with electrical tape and all seems well.

2008 Macbook 13" white

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, it's not supposed to come off. However, if you've got it stay in the locked position and the battery is charging OK, I wouldn't worry about it. I removed the battery several times in my 2008 White MacBook when I had it (add memory and swap hard drives) and the battery lock is kind of fragile.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are you talking the "round thing" in the lower right of this photo?:

MA561

If so…that's not a "button"…that's a foot. There are 4 of these feet on the bottom of the computer. And one of them is on the battery.

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
No, pigoo3, I'm talking about the button you turn to release the battery. I think chscag answered the question okay.

Thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.