How to delete programs/applications?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
I am new to MAc having recently migrated from PC to a new G4 Powerbook 17". It os so sweeeeet:)

I am trying to uninstall some proograms (Norton) and am not clear on how to delete. I have dragged the icons from Applications, etc to the trash basket yet I still get refereces to the programs. So, is there a built-in utility that cleans out all program info?

M

Mr.Curlynose1

Hmm, try typing "Norton" into the search box to delete all the plists, ppanes, and anything else that seems to be Norton.

R

Rusyn

I am having the same problem. I tried to install an upgrade of my browser and it won't let me... I get to the part where you select the drive and it says NO. So I got rid of all the files, preferences, etc by doing like Curly said, but still I am left in the cold. I even fixed my permissions, and that didn't help.

What is going on?

R

Rusyn

"! You cannot install this software on this volume. This system cannot use this software."

Do you know what the software is? Safari!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Safari is Apple's web browser.

S

StarManta

I had this problem with upgrading to 10.2.8 from 10.2.3.
Try running Software Update (System Preferences).
Jonny: sadly enough, it pretty much DOES just say no :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.