SSH is not working

Reaction score
Hello All
I am trying to run SSH, but I get the following error dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Trace/BPT trap: 5

I am using OS X Yosemite.
any idea
thanks in advance

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you trying to SSH into the Mac or trying to SSH into a different machine from your Mac? How have you configured SSH? Does it work from another machine?

OP
A
Reaction score
I am trying to SSH to CentOS machine, SSH is working from other machines.

I found the SSH bin in /usr/bin on my mac, however, I found now that owner permission is root, thus I changed user to root and I was able to use. However, I thought that all bin in /usr/bin should work from users and not only from root. That is somehow weird.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Everyone by default has execute permissions on SSH:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   1.2M  9 Sep 17:37 /usr/bin/ssh*
Root has rwx and everyone else has rx which should make it usable by everyone. What did you change though? Was your copy of SSH not owned by root?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks
I have the same execution properties. However, ssh still give me the following error when I execute it as user not root.
here is the errordyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.