Syncing Photos from IPhone to Macbook

Reaction score
Hi.
For years I have successfully synchronized my photos on Windows PC's from my IPhones with excellent and easy to follow cataloguing.
Having recently bought my first Apple Laptop (Macbook Pro) and having initially syenchonized, my photos are now *all over the place" on my iPhone: - No alphabetical sense, some missing and others split into separate "events@ as opposed to be in with other photos in a specific folder. Can I recover from this please as I have over 3000 photos which are now almost impossible to track?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you briefly explain where/how your photos are stored on your Mac and what process you're using to sync them?

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks for responding.

All my photos on the Mac seem to be stored in "events"!! On previous PC's (Windows) they were stored in alphabetical order in their own named folders which I had created.
Now they are in no particular alphabetical order at all!.
I have not changed my method of synchronising. As before, I just connected my IPhone and ticked the box to "sync all photos" . The result was as above!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Apologies for the delayed response.

Syncing folders of pictures works the same on OSX as it does on Windows. Unless . . .

Have you imported your photos into iPhoto? That would explain the events etc.

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi and thanks once again for responding.
I have now made the decision to "dump"my Macbook Pro and revert to a Windows driven laptop -which is being bought tomorrow.
Whilst I love my iPhones and IPad, the Macbook just has too many individual quirks for me to get comfortable with it.
So it will go on e bay later this week.
My photos have taken a long time to catalogue, and having Googled the issue, it seems that it is a very common problem which I am facing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.