Help required....?

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro is now 5 years old and so far has not given me any grief, however the other day it suddenly began to operate real slow. The next day it locked me out and despite typing in my correct password it refuses to let me in. Unfortunately I don't live near an authorised Mac shop. Can anyone assist me please...? Many thanks - Jonny Kay.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
"Help Required"…"Help Needed"…or just "Help"…is pretty much what 90% of folks visiting Mac-Forums need. So for a thread to "stand out" and have better visibility...a better thread title would really be better!:) Something like:

- "MacBook Pro Locked Up"
- "MacBook Pro Really Slow"
- "MacBook Pro Won't Accept Password"

See how fast & easy I came up with those.:)

Anyways…food for thought.:) Here are some things to consider regarding the problem:

- Wrong Password (probably not…but always possible)
- Hard drive could have died or dying.
- Hard drive could be full.

One way to investigate further is to boot the computer from a bootable OS DVD…or a bootable external HD (bootable means there's a compatible OS installed on it).

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
And there's no need to cross post. You got pretty much the same answers in the other post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.