Start my iPhone

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have Factory Reset my iPhone.. After that when I switched on the phone the activation screen appears (after selecting language and country) It says I cant activate my phone without a sim card..(my phone is locked to sprint) I dont have a sim card, plz help me out to start my phone and use it without sim... plz suggest something to bypass this...

I live outside USA so it is possible but how...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Why don't you have a SIM card? How do you intend to use a locked phone without a SIM card?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
OK, get a new SIM card and go from there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I lost my sim card and reset my phone...!

I don't think it's going to matter if you do get a new sim card. Sprint locks their phones a bit differently than other carriers. Of the four major carriers in the US, Sprint phones are the most difficult to unlock. You didn't tell us which iPhone model you have?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple iPhone 5s A1453

That iPhone should have dual radios (CDMA and GSM). Purchase a new sim card and if necessary a service contract from a local carrier in your current location, have them activate the sim, and you should be able to use your iPhone on their GSM network.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Maybe it's different with Sprint; with carriers in the UK the handset unlocking is handled via iTunes.

Are you still under contract with Sprint? If not, maybe contact them and ask them to unlock the handset. Then sync your device with iTunes and the unlock will take effect.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe it's different with Sprint; with carriers in the UK the handset unlocking is handled via iTunes.

Are you still under contract with Sprint? If not, maybe contact them and ask them to unlock the handset. Then sync your device with iTunes and the unlock will take effect.

It's definitely different with Sprint and also several other carriers. The unlock is not handled via iTunes but rather a code that has to be obtained from the carrier. However, since the OP has a dual band phone it won't matter if it remains locked to Sprint (CDMA). All he needs is a sim from a local carrier and possibly a contract to activate the GSM band of the iPhone. After doing that he'll be able to use it on their network. Of course if he's still under contract with Sprint, they'll go after him for payments.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.