Airport Extreme constantly disconnects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
I am so frustrated, my internet has always worked fine up till just a few days ago when it started acting strange now it just constantly cuts out. Im using an Airport Extreme (4th Generation) and an Airport Express (2nd Generation) the way I have it set up is all run through ethernet by Powerline Adapters. I have the Express extending the Airport Extreme. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a screen shot below of my Wireless settings for both the Extreme and Express they are both the same exact settings

ELuXVEp.png

Screen+Shot+2015-02-25+at+5.17.43+AM.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So, the screen shots didn't work. But.. have you rebooted BOTH of these AND your ethernet power line adapters?

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Yes i've tried rebooting both routers many times and also changing the channels still nothing. I've heard though it is best to leave the channels set to Automatic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The power line adapters as well? How about the cable/dsl/whatever router that provides actual Internet?

Then are all connected devices dropping, just one?? How are they connected? Wifi, ethernet?

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
I have not yet tried resetting the powerline adapters I will try that next and they are connected through ethernet via the powerline adapters

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Tried resetting powerline adapters and modem still acting strange

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.