Mac Games

OP
S

skateit12

i believe u can play Unreal Tournament 2004 on mac and that game is sweet ***!

OP
C

caveatipss

You think I could play that on a Mini? The Mini I am looking at is the best, fastes one with the highest specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
you can play WoW on a mac... but needs a ppc processor (****it...)

OP
S

skateit12

unreal tournament 2004

Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space. Internet or LAN connection required for online play. (Note: Some maps and game types playable on 800MHz, or faster, processors).

OP
C

caveatipss

skateit12 said:
unreal tournament 2004

Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space. Internet or LAN connection required for online play. (Note: Some maps and game types playable on 800MHz, or faster, processors).

so yes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Im gonna look into call of duty once I get my new computer. Knights of the old republic is on mac, which got game of the year.

OP
S

skateit12

ya all these games sound awesome but my processor is way too garbage to play any of these lol. Thats wat my PC is for

OP
C

caveatipss

Well, all of the Mini's specs are far beyond the requirements, except it has on board graphics. Will the crappy graphic onboard chip on the Mini meet up with the Unreal requirements?

OP
T

Tiranis

BlindingLights said:
you can play WoW on a mac... but needs a ppc processor (****it...)

Last time I checked it was a Universal Binary, so it runs on PPC and Intel... :-\ Or did I misunderstand something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
If you haven't got your Mac yet, you might want to look at the iMac, it has a better video card, the new Minis use integrated video. Check the refurbished section in the Apple Store.
You can play several games in a regular Mini, i have played UT2004 with my iBook with no problem at all. If you want to play, get a RAM upgrade too.
For more info check: http://www.insidemacgames.com or http://www.macgamefiles.com/

ped

Reaction score
I think we're going to see a nice revolution in Mac gaming before too long. With the new Macs running Intel CPUs porting will no longer be the chore it once was, and no longer will only the very top-tier games be available for Macs since development only needs to happen once. In fact, they may be able to put both versions on the same disk!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope call of duty is PC only, i checked today in best buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
ped said:
I think we're going to see a nice revolution in Mac gaming before too long. With the new Macs running Intel CPUs porting will no longer be the chore it once was, and no longer will only the very top-tier games be available for Macs since development only needs to happen once. In fact, they may be able to put both versions on the same disk!

I don't know about that. There are still a lot of differences in the OS that pose problems...

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
BlindingLights said:
nope call of duty is PC only, i checked today in best buy.

uh wrong, call of duty has been out for mac for awhile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ezhangin said:
uh wrong, call of duty has been out for mac for awhile

i was talking about call of duty II genius.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
How is Halo for the Mac? How similar/different is it to the xbox version?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.