Iphone 6 wifi problems

Reaction score
Hey all. Has anyone with an iPhone 6 had issues with wifi? My old android got full wifi signal in my back room but my iPhone 6 struggles to keep one bar and usually disconnects from the wifi completely. Any suggestions? My other devices in the same room have full signal without issue (two macbookpros)

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hey all. Has anyone with an iPhone 6 had issues with wifi? My old android got full wifi signal in my back room but my iPhone 6 struggles to keep one bar and usually disconnects from the wifi completely. Any suggestions? My other devices in the same room have full signal without issue (two macbookpros)

Hi HazelGirl - welcome to the forum! :) My wife has a new iPhone 6 and seems to be having no Wi-Fi issues at the moment.

Just a couple of initial steps to suggest that might help (no promises): 1) Do you have the most recent iOS (current version is 8.1.3); 2) Have you tried a 'Reset' (i.e. hold down the ON-OFF & HOME buttons together until the Apple logo appears - release and let the iPhone reboot); and 3) Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Forget This Network; then re-connect.

If none of this is helpful, then power recycle your modem & router, i.e. pull the plugs (or turn off), wait a little, then power up the modem first, wait a bit, and power up the router - try again. Dave

OP
H
Reaction score
I have tried all of the above to no avail. Maybe it's my phone? But elsewhere (on campus, in coffee shops) my wifi seems to work fine. Maybe it just doesn't like my comcast modem! I also hooked up my AirPort Extreme base station to try and extend my wifi but it wasn't working either. Sad face! Side note I loooooove my iPhone and I am glad I switched from android.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have tried all of the above to no avail. Maybe it's my phone? But elsewhere (on campus, in coffee shops) my wifi seems to work fine. Maybe it just doesn't like my comcast modem! I also hooked up my AirPort Extreme base station to try and extend my wifi but it wasn't working either. Sad face! Side note I loooooove my iPhone and I am glad I switched from android.

By 'tried all of the above....', does that mean you also 'power recycled' BOTH your modem and your router; also, make sure that you did the 'Reset' exactly as explained - since you seem to be getting 'good' Wi-Fi on the phone elsewhere, the issue seems to be your network settings @ home - you might want to 'turn off' the cellular on the phone to see if the Wi-Fi improves and also turn off the Wi-Fi on some of your other devices - won't hurt.

If not helpful, then you'll need to provide more details on your network setup at home - Dave :)

OP
H
Reaction score
It may be a network setup thing because I have done what you said as you explained it. I've had issues with my router/modem before and it is a replacement from a defective one. I'll have to check settings when I get home. I will say that sometimes in the back room I will get full wifi signal, then It drops to 2 bars, then 0 reception all in the same spot without touching the phone :-/ .....I tried to talk to comcast but they told me they don't assist with wifi networks (even though I am renting THEIR device!!!!)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I tried to talk to comcast but they told me they don't assist with wifi networks (even though I am renting THEIR device!!!!)

Don't you just love the wonderful customer service by Comcast? Most ISPs will find an excuse not to assist when it's something they know nothing about. Comcast is no different than others that I'm familiar with: Charter, Verizon, and AT&T. And as soon as you mention you're running a Mac, they "plead the 5th".

Thanks for using our Mac-Forums iOS app!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.