Share asking for password, not accepting after update

Reaction score
I just updated to Yosemite, when I am at my PC and attempt to access files from my mac, it is prompting for a username and password. I put in the only ones I use. The computer name and my password. It didn't do this prior to the update. What password would it be asing for? My apple ID? I do not use a password to get into the computer and the one i use when prompted for updates isn't working . What changed? And where do I find my computer info (name, etc)

It says in the sharing area (on the mac) that "windows can access this computer at "milew". Ok, there is that,then if I installing something, a box pops up with my full name, I enter a password and done adn done. Why, all of the sudden am I being prompted to logi in? I am using the only two usernames and ONE password that Ihave!! Nothing has changed in the sharing settings. I never had this prior to yosemite update. How exactly (screens shots if possible) is the sharing to be set up in order to share you mac? Again, nothing changed but for some reason it isn't taking my credentials and I am not on a domain.So what should the password be? he one I use when downloading? My apple id password?ids the username jsut the computer name? Is the log in like

computer name
password

or

username\computername
password?

Why!!!!!?? hhaha any help, please. And if possible, steps and first hand experience. Seems like I get nothing on mac forums except links that do not help, and no real life experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.