Mighty Mouse Prooblem

Reaction score
Hey guys well I just purchased a new iMac about 2 weeks ago and I have noticed that after it goes to sleep when I revive it the mouse doesnt work. In order to get the Imac to come out of sleep mode I need to press the keyboard and even after that the mouse doesn't work. After the computer goes into sleep mode I have to unplug and then replug in the mouse for it to work. Is this supposed to happen?

D

dobber

I had the same problem amoung others with this mouse. It seemed to me it would lose it's ability to track, When coming out of sleep mode. Also when using it tracking would go bezerk and head for the corner. I was able to make it work with a mouse pad, Instead of the bare desktop. Also when it acted up if I would run my hand under the bottom it seemed to reset itself. But when you run out of space on the pad and have to pick it up you lose what you were dragging. I finally gave up on it and plugged a logitech cordless in, Works great. The mighty mouse works fine with my XP laptop.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this an Intel iMac? Reason I ask is I have never had that issue with my iMac G5 iSight.

D

dobber

Mine is an Intel. It seemed to me the mouse had trouble with the bare desktop. When I used a mouse pad no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.