Amazon Basic 10 port USB hub

Reaction score
connected to 3.0 USB on MBR i7 also power adapter supplied. won't charge iphone 6 nor will it charge iPad air 2 nor older Ipad. where to find help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
According to Amazon's Product Page for your USB hub, the front three ports will charge, the remaining are for data transfer. You should also make sure you have the hub's power cube connected and plugged in.

OP
M
Reaction score
you are correct, i am attempting to charge using only front ports. the power cube is connected as shown in install guide.the "on" switch on the back is on. hate to send it back since i need/want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
According to Amazon's Product Page for your USB hub, the front three ports will charge, the remaining are for data transfer. You should also make sure you have the hub's power cube connected and plugged in.

@ Mambro2 - from the link above, one of the questions asked is quoted below stating a 5V x 2A port, i.e. 10Watts which is needed for iPad charging; the 5W ports will charge smaller devices, such as the iPhone - of course the power adapter needs to be plugged in and working properly - as suggested by your last post the unit may be defective? Dave :)

What are the amp ratings of the 10-port models (USB2/3)? Are there per-port amp limits on any of the models? (Amazon: add this to comparison table)

A: you have 1-5V 2Amp for Charging IPad etc. and 2-5V 1Amp for cell phones. The 7 port USB connections are all USB3/2 compatable. Christine answered on June 03, 2014

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.