Safari extremely slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
I have the last version of Safari and page loading is extremely slow. What used to be an instant load has now become a 30 second wait. Has anybody any suggestions.
I have also noticed that in the Force Quit screen the message 'Safari Web content cannot load' appears in red.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have also noticed that in the Force Quit screen the message 'Safari Web content cannot load' appears in red.

That String being red, shows that it isn't responding. What you need to do, is open Activity Monitor, look for that ('Safari Web Content'). Click on that red String, then hit the 'x' in the top left, which brings up a Drop Down menu, and then Force Quit it.
This, use to happen quite a bit, Mountain Lion and older, and it was Safari leaking Memory.

Once thats done, I would then open Disk Utility, Repair Permissions, and restart your Mac, and that should clear up that issue. If not, pop back here and give us some more details, such as what OS you are running an if you're up to date with updates, is a good start.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.