Virgin Media Router & Apple Airport Extreme ......

Reaction score
My cable & broadband provider (Virgin Media) has provided me with their "Super Hub" broadband & WiFi router, which means I no longer use my Airport Extreme WiFi device.

I was wondering was there any way I could pair-up the Airport extreme to the Wireless network as provided by Virgin to enable me to extend my wireless network range ...

If this is possible I need to know how to get my Airport extreme to recognise the Virgin wireless router (or even via a wired connection) so that it can be used ...it's a shame to have such a nice divide sitting gathering dust ....

Any advise would be most helpful ... & as I'm new to the forum I hope I've got the correct category here.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did Virgin give you a manual with the new router? Or perhaps their manual is downloadable in the form of a PDF file? The reason I ask is so that you can look up how to put the Virgin router in "Bridge Mode" and have it attached to your AE so that the AE is your primary device.

OP
C
Reaction score
Unfortunately Virgin insist that their customers use their new "Super Hub" as it guarantees their "fastest speed" so I have no option but to use it ... so I was hoping I could configure the AE to talk to the network ... thereby having the AE as the secondary device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.