Handling overwhelming volume of spam emails.

Reaction score
I've recently begun to be swamped by many spam emails, at least some of which contain malware, and would like to know how I can best handle each one as appears in the "In Box", to prevent receiving any further spam from that sender.

I tried some years ago to add a known sender (not of spam) to a "black list" within Apple Mail which I presumed would prevent receipt of any further emails from that sender.

I never found out how to create/use a "black list", nor even if such a thing existed. Eventually, he got the 'message' and ceased sending me emails, so the problem was resolved.

Can any member please advise if there is a way to create and update a "black list" within Mail and if by adding a sender to that list, no further emails will be accepted in the "In Box".

Sincerely, PaulRanger.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best way to avoid Spam email is to have it filtered out by your ISP. Gmail (Google) is my ISP and I rarely if ever get Spam mail to my inbox and I use Apple Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 iMac 21.5; 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Mojave.
Blocking Spam

You might consider using the Blocked Senders feature that I suspect your ISP has at its server. It's not what you might call a smart filter. It's just a way of stopping specific senders or entire domains at the server instead of downloading their stuff to your inbox. It takes a little work, but it's very effective.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.